Thursday, 9 October 2014

   A 26-year-old graduate of Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi State, Muhammed Adamu, has been killed by assailants who stabbed him and dumped his corpse on Ijora Road, in the Apapa area of Lagos.

According to Punch, the late Muhammed was said to be awaiting his call-up letter for the National Youth Service Corps scheduled for November when he was murdered on Sunday evening.
A community leader in the area, who saw the body, was said to have alerted policemen at the Layeni Police Division from where it was taken and deposited at a mortuary in Yaba.
It was gathered that the late Muhammed before his death had joined a mast construction firm in August to make some money pending when his NYSC call up-letter will be releases, Punch learnt.
Meanwhile the father of the deceased, Mr. Sardauna Adamu, told Punch that that prior to his death, the deceased had attended a wedding ceremony of one of the staff members of the company on Saturday.
Mr. Sardauna Adamu said: “On Sunday, he received a text message that they should meet at a hotel in FESTAC Town for an after-party. He said the party was organised for just members of staff of the company.
“He left the house around 4pm and that was the last time I saw my son alive.”
Following his son not returning back home, the worried father said he went to his office on Association Avenue, Ilupeju, Lagos only for him to be told that his bosses had also been wondering why he had not resumed for work.
A member of the company, who craved anonymity, told Punch that the late engineering graduate had been persuaded not to leave the party on the night of the incident, but he refused as he reportedly said he had to leave saying the call was urgent.
Meanwhile his friends, who attended the party, were however said to have overheard the deceased receiving a call around 7pm at the Sunday party to meet with someone at Suru Alaba. But unfortunately when they went in search for him at Alaba Suru, he was not found.
So they reported the matter at the Layeni Police Station close to the place and were told me they saw his corpse on the road and they had taken him to the mortuary.
The father said: “I want the police to make a thorough investigation into my son’s killing. I believe some people killed him and took his corpse to Suru Alaba to make it look like he was killed there.
“He was a gentle and hardworking son who had been preparing for his NYSC when these wicked people took him somewhere and killed him.”
According to a police source the killers took the phone of the deceased along with them to frustrate investigations so that they will not be easily traced but the stated that he long arm of the law will catch up with them, no matter how hard they try.
Meanwhile one of Muhammed last posts read: “Many lives have gone, but I’m still alive; not that I’m better than those people that are no more, but it is the will of God.
“If I recall the date I was brought into this world and compare it to my present life if there is no progress I would never thought of graduating from my primary school, secondary school, Islamic school and higher institution and now planning for my NYSC in November.”
Friends of Muhammed took to social media to pay tributes to him, with some describing his death as shocking.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, who confirmed the incident said the police were already investigating the murder, saying: “Somebody has been arrested in connection with the crime.”

No comments:

Post a Comment