Friday 17 October 2014

'I Felt So Sorry For Myself After Paying N27.5m For APC Nomination Form'- General Buhari

Image result for buhari photo
Former military head of state and All Progressive Congress (APC) presidential hopeful, General Muhammadu Buhari, who picked his nomination form for presidency on Thursday,said he pitied himself for picking up the presidential nomination form, after coughing up a whooping 27.5m..According to Premuim Times,he said

“it is a pity I couldn’t influence this amount to be trickled down, as it was done in the case of ladies that intended to participate in the election. I felt heavily sorry for myself, because I didn’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination. If you could recall, even the last one, I always try to pay for myself, at least for the nomination.
Thank goodness I have a personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna, which I have called and told that the forms are coming, so I don’t know whether I’m in red, green or black, but all I know is that I must honor this, otherwise I will lose the nomination.So this morning, the bank manager in Abuja decided to bring the money and I asked one of my nephews to quickly bring the form. I sign and I got the papers which the national organising secretary received. I thank God that I have come to this stage. All speculation will now cease,”
The national chairman of APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, then told Buhari that the party decided to place the fee at N27.5 million, "to separate the men from the boys-.”
Buhari would be going head-to head with Atiku Abubakar at the party's primaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment