Monday 1 September 2014

Enugu State Governor's Wife Clara Chime Begs for Forgiveness -


Wife of Enugu State gov­ernor, Mrs. Clara Chime, who, last year, quit the Governor’s Lodge, where she lived with Governor Sul­livan Chime after she alleged she was forcefully confined in the Gov­ernment House, has apologised for her actions.

Chime, at the heat of his rift with his wife, had disclosed that she had health challenges and needed his protection. Meanwhile, Clara had replied by saying she was healthy but needed to move out of the Government House.


Mrs. Chime, who had left the state since then, suddenly wrote to Enugu women, apologising and
begging them to forgive her for all she did during that period. In the letter, she personally released to Daily Sun, Mrs. Chime also told Enugu women that Chime is still her husband and the same good man she told them about when she was around. She, therefore, urged the women to sup­port her husband in any political move he may have in mind.

She told Daily Sun that she was will­ingly making the apology to her husband and the entire Enugu women, having reviewed the actions that led to her leaving the state late last year. Her letter reads:
“At the deepest of my thought emanated this truth, which I believe is worth to share with the nation because of the ongoing po­litical movement in Enugu State in which my name is attached.
At the point I wrote to Human Rights Commission and got linked to Falana & Falana Chambers to facilitate in grant­ing me right of freedom from the Enugu Governor’s Lodge, it was my personal decision because then, His Excellency Governor Sullivan Chime and a brother of mine were brain-washed by a psychiatrist who advised that I should be locked in and confided in an enclosure on the grounds that I was sick, which I’m yet to find out; and must see the end of it.
The psychiatrist presented to the world that I was suffering from mental illness and till date, has refused to furnish H.E. Governor Sullivan with detailed report of his assumed illness assessment.
My appearance on Channel TV was to debunk some awkward perceptions, and to be seen and heard by the public, which was triggered on the grounds that H.E. Governor Sullivan Chime permitted dehumanising plans that were targeted at me by his enemies.
I hereby sincerely apologise and take back my words, leaving other things in the hands of God.
My dearest Enugu women, like you all know, my teachings, right from the onset have been ‘making heaven a priority; and let the truth be told and accepted at all costs.’ Indeed, I plead with you all to for­give me if by chance I was misunderstood, especially going by the manner the media played out my exit. I still remain that your lovely daughter, teacher, wife and mother.
I must confess that I miss you all, and please you all should acknowledge that my option of taking an exit then was divine, if you carefully listened to my last speech during my last outing in the state (Enugu) or I advise you renew your memory by getting a copy of my speech, then you will ascertain that it was my personal decision, which was divine from God to take an exit; only that enemies played up my exit like there were other motives they had.
My dear Enugu women, as we all know, the Bible made us to understand that we must always pray for our leaders at all times! Like I rightly said to you all three years ago, (during Governor Sullivan Chime second term election) that your votes are for H.E. Governor Sullivan Chime, a man who’s zeal and passion are to create good governance and instill virtues of good gov­ernance in his staff. I remember stressing that your votes weren’t meant for any of his staff rather to him, whom you all know his call for service was divine.
I hereby state that you all shouldn’t mind the detractors who are using my name to gain cheap loyalty, popularity and distrust towards H.E. Governor Sullivan Chime. He still remains who I have always made you all to believe he was (a lovely God fearing good man!). Please, do not hesitate to ride on with him towards any direction he chooses to go.
H.E. Governor Sullivan Chime still remains President Goodluck Jonathan’s loyal son and all thanks to Mr. President for believing in him till date. My sincere gratitude and loyalty go to the First Lady of Federal Republic of Nigeria, Her Excel­lency, Dame Patience Jonathan, for the new opportunity God used her to bestow upon me.
The letter that was published by Sahara Reporters on November 5, 2013 didn’t emanate from me and can never emanate from me.
Finally, please my family squabbles should be left between Gov Sullivan Ihe­anacho Chime and I, which we too have left in God’s hands. It must cease to be for public consumption. Thank you and God bless.”
- See more at: http://www.lailasblog.com/2014/09/enugu-state-governors-wife-clara-chime.html#more

No comments:

Post a Comment