Monday 15 September 2014

Prostitute Steals Customer’s Money, This Is The Punishment She Gets


An Abuja High court has sentenced a 23-year-old prostitute named Rosemary Ebikeme to 100 days in jail for stealing her customer $3,200.

The senior magistrate, Abdulahi Ilaleh, of Life Camp Senior magistrate’s court,
Abuja, who convicted Rosemary after she pleaded guilty to a one-count charge, however, gave her an option of N5,000 fine.

Ilaleh who warned the convict to desist from the crime said that the sentence would serve as a lesson to others.
Prosecutor Ona Odigiri told the court that on September 4 one Aleixandre Sachir of Tack Continental Estate, Life Camp, reported the matter to Life Camp Police Station.
According to the prosecutor, the  complainant met the convict in a cinema hall and took her to Waxride Hotel where she stole $3,200 from the complainant on September 2 and eloped.
Odigiri said that the convict was arrested and handed over to the police when the convict came back to complain on September 4.
The convict, however, pleaded guilty to the charge and begged the court to have mercy on her saying: “Please have mercy on me, I am a student and I am only looking for money to pay my school fees.
I stole the money to do business so that I will stop selling my body for money. Please forgive me. “I stole the money from him, even though he paid me N5,000 for my service, please have mercy in God’s name.”
The prosecutor said the offence contravened Section 288 of the Penal Code Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment