Saturday 27 September 2014

The real reason I walked out of my Marriage --- Actress Uche Ogbodo


    Uche Ogbodo was heavily pregnant when her 10 month old marriage packed up.There were reports that her husband then was already married to a wife with kids who was begging her to leave him alone.
               However, in this new interview with Vanguard she opened up on why she really walked out.
My marriage was full of lies. I cannot tell you in detail what those lies were, if that’s what
you’re trying to make me do but it was based on lies. It’s a pity it didn’t work out.
I didn’t go into the marriage to crash it. I wanted a family; I wanted a loving home and a loving husband. That was why I went into it in the first place but as nature would have it, I didn’t get any of those. I still thank God my head is intact
Did he cheat on you? What exactly did he do?
No, it’s not about women. Like I always say, you cannot build a home on sinking sand. You need to build a home on a rock. What I mean is that a marriage built on deceit and lies is no marriage at all. If you want a solid marriage, it must be built on honesty and trustworthiness. If not, it’s definitely going to crash. If it doesn’t crash today, it will crash tomorrow, so the lies are my reasons.
When did you discover he was lying to you?

Well, it was good while it lasted; he was a good man to me. I felt all I saw was all I was supposed to see but later when one thing led to another and things started unfolding. I started finding out that everything was not what it seemed. Every relationship, you have problems in-between, there is no relationship that just goes on smoothly.In the process of friendship and dating, we had issues that we resolved but when we took it to the next level we just couldn’t hold it together. There are things you can hide as friends but as married couple it is impossible because so many other things like families are involved.As his girlfriend some things that were hidden were revealed when I became his wife. What happened between me and my husband is between me and my husband. We caused it, both of us caused it.
For how long were you guys together?
The marriage lasted barely a month before we started having issues. We were having issues before I found out I was pregnant.
 Others are saying you left him because of his brain tumor?

He doesn’t have brain tumor. He was sick at the time, he had issues but his sickness is not the reason why our marriage crashed. Money was not the issue either.   I would definitely know about his health status before I would marry a man. I knew what I was going into, so how could I just leave a man because he had a brain tumor? It’s funny
You said he didn’t have a brain tumor, what was really wrong with him?
I cannot tell you, he would tell you. He was sick, he was treated but it had nothing to do with the brain. He had surgery but it was  not brain tumor, it was not cancer, he was just sick and I thank God that he’s alive. I don’t know why people just wake up and conclude things out of the blue; you don’t know these people from Adam, you just read about people and then you go and comment rubbish. You write rubbish to tear people’s lives apart even when you know nothing about their issues.
Is he still in hospital?

He’s not in hospital; he has never been in the hospital. I don’t know why that picture came up, that picture you saw online was taken like last year December

No comments:

Post a Comment