Wednesday 3 September 2014

43year Old Event Planner Remanded In Prison Custody for Stealing Her Ex-lover’s Car


     A 43-year-old event planner, Miss Omolola Shittu, was remanded in prison custody for alleged stealing of her ex-lover’s car and other valuable things.
Cheated man, Prince Hilary Unachukwu, 55, accused Miss Shittu and her
current lover Raphael Oge, 51, in stealing of Honda Accord End of Discussion saloon car valued at N1.6 million. The duo was also accused in stealing a refrigerator (N72,500), gas cooker (N85,200), TEC generator (N66,500), washing machine (N120,800) and another TEC generator (N91,200) all valued at N503,200, the property of the said Prince Hilary Unachukwu.

However, Miss Omolola Shittu pleaded not guilty before the Chief Magistrate, Mrs Adeola Adedayo, saying that Unachukwu bought this car for her as Valentine’s gift and other stuff is property acquired during their relationship.
According to her, she has had a love affair with Raphael Oge since August 2012. As she attempted to terminate relationship with Unachukwu, he threatened her and finally accused her in stealing.
Omolola said: “I never knew it was a crime to date someone older. I have been in this relationship since August 2012 and it has been hell. Any time I tell him I do not want to continue with the relationship, he would threaten me.
“It was my attempt to terminate the love affair with Unachukwu that led to my being charged to court for stealing a car he bought for me as Valentine’s gift and property acquired during the relationship.
“On Valentine’s day last year, he bought me a Honda Accord End of Discussion saloon car as a gift. I was in his house at 8, Ojora Road, Ikoyi, Lagos when he presented the car to me. However, since then he had abused me severally.
“Actually, the 2nd defendant (Oge) who brought the car to the house is now being accused of conspiring with me to steal it because he refused to write another receipt in Unachukwu’s name, since a receipt was issued initially in my name before the break-up of the relationship.
“Prince Hilary said until he saw me go to jail, he would keep bringing different charges against me. He said he would make sure that he spends everything he has to see me go to jail.”

No comments:

Post a Comment