Monday, 11 August 2014

Just In-- Another Ebola Case Confirmed In Lagos


   The Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu has confirmed another case of Ebola in Lagos, making a total of 10 cases of victims of the Ebola virus disease (EVD).He said of the 10 cases recorded so far in Nigeria, 2 have died, while 8 are still alive.

The Minister disclosed this at a world media briefing in Abuja on Monday, 11 August, where he also said that 177 primary and secondary contact of the index case have been isolated and are being monitored.


The Ebola virus disease got into Nigeria through Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian-American, who flew into Nigeria in late July and died soon after. As it stands, he has infected at least eight other people, including the nurse, who died on Tuesday, 5 August.

On Friday, 8 August, President Goodluck Jonathan declared a state of emergency on the issue of the Ebola virus disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment