Thursday 21 August 2014

My Husband Slept With My Best Friend - Wife Tells Court


   A 40-year-old woman, Modupe Ajayi, on Wednesday, August 20 urged an Igando Customary Court, Lagos, to end her marrriage to her 50-year-old husband saying he gives her infection anytime they have sexual intercourse.


Modupe Ajayi, a laboratory technician also told the court that she once caught her husband in bed with her best friend in response to her husband’s petition.

Apparently, Modupe Ajayi’s husband in a petition had urged the court to dissolve his 12 years marriage for alleged threat to life with dangerous weapons and lack of respect from his wife.
Mr Ajayi who said he would have divorced her two-years-old but thought she would change told the court: “Whenever we are fighting she always picks up knife or other sharp objects to stab me”, he said.
“She is so full of herself and does not have respect for me despite all I have done for her. I bought her four cars within our 12 years of marriage yet she does not have regard for me.
“She does things without telling me. She even travelled out of Nigeria without my consent. “Her behaviour became unbearable for me. We live as enemy in the house. We stopped talking to each other since June last year’’, he added.
According to him, his wife has made his house miserable for him as she fights him and always ‘rain’ curses on me and spends money lavishly on luxury items such as jewelry.
He, therefore, begged the court to dissolve the union on the ground that he was no longer in love with his wife.
Modupe responding to her husband’s petition told the court saying: “My husband is a shameless man. He slept with my best friend. My husband is a womaniser, I caught him making love to my best friend in her house.
“I refused to employ any house help again as he has turned them into sex machine”, the News Agency of Nigeria quoted Modupe as telling the court.
She said that she stopped having sex with her husband since September because: “I always had sexual infection some days after he made love to me.
“I stopped making love to him and I stopped washing his clothes when I discovered that I always see and smell sperm on his boxers,” she said.
The mother of three said that days after their wedding, her husband abandoned her to stay with another woman after telling her that he wanted to travel to the village to see his father.
“I called his father when he did not show up for days, but his father told me that he did not see my husband.”
Modupe said that she later found telephone number of the lady in question in her husband’s handset and she called her to leave her husband alone.
“After the warning, my husband rushed home, dragged me naked out of the bathroom, beat me up for calling his girlfriend. It was my brother-in-law that ran out to cover my nakedness.’’
Modupe urged the court to grant her husband’s wish saying that she was no longer interested in the marriage.
The President of the court, Mr R.I Adeyeri, adjourned the case till Aug. 27, for further hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment