Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Fallen Cable Kills Woman & Her Sister in Lagos

A high-tension cable fell on a house and electrocuted a woman and her younger sister on Tuesday morning at Olumokun Street, in the Amukoko area of Lagos.
It was learnt that the cable fell on the residence at about 3am, and subsequently sparked fire, which made many of its occupants to flee for safety.

It was gathered that a woman, identified simply as Mama Ibrahim, with her 12-year-old younger sister, simply called Fatima, were however unlucky as they held on to an iron rod being used for canopy which had already gained current.

It was further gathered that Fatima, who came from Niger State to Lagos on a visit, was the first to hold onto the iron pole and she was electrocuted.

In a bid to rescue her sister, Mama Ibrahim was said to have attempted to pull the teenager off during which she was also electrocuted.

No comments:

Post a Comment