This is not a gossip, some of you don't know anything about Yvonne Nelson, i present to you……..40 things you probably didn’t know about Ghollywood queen — Yvonne Nelson.
You will get all the facts, happening in her career, relationships, finance and achievements.
Her rise to Stardom is a story filled with Promises, Disappointments, Hopes, Failures, Many Ups and Downs and eventually Success! Enjoy!
1. Yvonne Nelson was born, November 12 1985,
2. She was delivered to Miss Margaret Gads and Mr. O. Nelson in Accra Ghana.
3. She’s the last out of four.
4. She started her career in High School where she won the Miss Aggrey, her first beauty pageant
at Aggrey Memorial High School.
5. This beauty queen was doing well until she got pregnant while at Central College University, she had to drop out. It was reported she went to school later on.
6. Sources indicate that Yvonne desperately wanted to pursue her career to the extent she gave her little born baby to a couple in Botswana.
7. Her major breakthrough was at Miss Ghana Beauty Pageant – with a rap song about HIV/AIDS – this beauty contest was held in Accra and Yvonne walked away with a number of awards of which the most outstanding was Best Talent Award. The HIV/AIDS song just shows how much she cared for her society from such a young age.
8. She was just 19 when she won the highly coveted MISS GHANA Beauty Pageant.
9. Her real fame started at Venus Films.
Venus films is a well known production house in West Africa and has worked with quite a few celebrities as well. It is no coincidence then that Yvonne Nelson came out of the production house a more complete article
10. She takes pride in being the first Ghanaian actress to have acted in Ivory Coast when the three nations-Nigeria, Ghana and Ivory Coast- first collaborate.
11. Following that, Yvonne has shot more than one hundred films within the three states.
12. Yvonne does the romantic scenes- its funny how she puts it…”I can go for a few kissing and…” so If you imagined she was not going to kiss in a movie, it’s a big disappointment. What she doesn’t do is what she calls…”more than I can give.”
13. She has a glaucoma foundation – YVONNE NELSON GLAUCOMA FOUNDATION which she founded in 2010
14. Apart from filming, Yvonne is a business woman – she has a hairline, a fashion shop called YN’s Closet with latest designer wears sourced from all around the world and YN Productions which has movie credits.
15. Yvonne neither smokes nor drinks.
16. Yvonne Nelson is an exceedingly pretty actress – far prettier in real life than in her movies.
17. She also loves sleep!
18. Yvonne Nelson was once in love with Nigerian Pop Star, Iyanya but the singer broke her heart. She has however found love again – But at the moment, no one knows the identity of this guy capable of making the actress’ go gaga .
19. Yvonne shot to fame after a big-screen role in Princess Tyra and Playboy.
20. She hails from Cape Coast, Ghana in the Central Region but spent most of her early years in Accra.
21. She had her basic and junior high education at St. Martin De Porres in Dansoman, Accra
22. In Miss Ghana 2005 Beauty Pageant, she won the Best Talent award by performing an original rap song and Miss Photogenic along with two other awards. That clinched her a two-year contract as face of Maxim Cosmetics after and landed a role in the TV series, Fortune Island, where her acting career began.
23. Her Awards list up-to-date: In 2009, she was named Joy Fm Nite with the Stars Best Actress. In 2010, she was adjudged Ghana’s Favourite Actress at the prestigious Ghana Movie Awards and the Face of Ghana’s Best Actress 2011/2012 in the United States of America. She was also nominated twice at the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAAs) and adjudged Africa’s Best Actress at the 2012 Africa entertainment Award in Malaysia. She picked Ghana’s Best Actress Award at the August 2011 City People Awards. Prior to that, her song about glaucoma picked up a prize at Ghana music Awards, GMA favourite actress award 2010, PAMSAA Best International Actress 2012,Hottest Ghanaian actress in nollywood (city people awards 2013),Best picture for Single and married (GMA 2012),Best Ghanaian movie for single and married(city people awards 2013).
24. She’s the current face of Zaron Hair & Make-Up.
25. The Ghanaian movie star picked up 7 awards at the 2013 ZAFAA Global Awards held in London. UK. She won awards for her movie House of Gold, Pascal Amanfo‘s Single & Married as well as The Price also starring Majid Michel.
26. She won a mouth-watering contract from Ghana telecommunication giant, Vodafone in 2012
27. She is Ghana’s highest paid actress.
28. She’s 176cm tall
29. Check out some of the famous men Yvonne Nelson has had something concrete with. Some are alleged and mere rumors but as they say, there is a little truth in every rumor.
Derek Boateng is a Ghanaian footballer and so far rumors had it that he was smashing Yvonne Nelson. We all know how girls love to hang with the ‘ballers’ as they have the cash to actually ‘ball’. It was alleged that after smashing, he sponsored Yvonne Nelson’s high budget movies that is how Yvonne Nelson broke into the movie production scene. Derek Boateng however refuted it.
Jon German: According to sources, Jon German was Yvonne Nelson’s first love right after her fame. They both kept denying it but 99% of people in the showbiz know that the two were smashing and Trigmatic could vouch.
Chase:They didn’t actually date but Yvonne Nelson confessed to having a huge crush on singer Chase back in High School Days, if Chase had done his homework well, he could have ‘smashed’ before Iyanya broke her heart. The two are good friends.
Ice Prince: Well during the shooting of her ‘House Of Gold’ movie, Ice Prince was called to be a part of the movie, rumors had it that Ice Prince didn’t just take the role but also took off Yvonne Nelson’s ‘dress’. They both came out to deny it as usual. They were spotted in night clubs, hanging out at malls and various places … who knows, it could have been part of the movie.
Davido: This one is actually a secret, according to reliable sources Davido is the reason why Iyanya left Yvonne Nelson.
Iyanya: Finally the most popular of them all. When reports first came out that they were dating, they both refuted the claims, actually Yvonne did being it as Iyanya was a nobody back then. Till date she still talks about the breakup.
30. Yvonne was slapped with a one-year ban by Nigerian film producers in 2011. A communiqué issued by the Nigerian producers on the ban stated that: “Any director or producer who features her (Yvonne Nelson) in his or her movie would be blacklisted and any movie she does in Nollywood, would not be sold in Ghana.”
31. She loves Nigeria, her Nigerian name is Damilola
32. She was raised by my Mum, a single parent. Her mum is also her best friend.
33. She started acting when she was in her Level 100 in the University.
34. She was in a relationship with Iyanya Mbuk for over 8months from May, 2012 – December, 2012 .
35. She loves to shop. It makes her happy.
36. She has a Bachelor Degree in Administration, Human Resource Management from Central University.
37. She was Mercy Johnson’s Bridesmaid at her wedding.
38. She is the first and only Ghanaian actress to be verified on Twitter.
39. She is Ghana’s Hottest and Most-Popular Movie Property.
40. Her Father is from Brazil (Lineage).
She’s is One of Africa’s Most Loved, Adored Personality.
She shares the same birthday with American Singer, Omarion