Monday 11 August 2014

Photo-- Meet The Nigerian Who Returned To School At 77

Meet The Nigerian Who Returned To School At 77
 Bode Ogunlana (OFR), is 82 years old, a guru in insurance business who decided to go back to school at 77, a feat that has made him more famous.

He said that he doesn’t blame the younger generation who study to pass for a career, for him, he studied for pleasure and to deepen his knowledge
“I enjoyed it so much that I went on and did the Master of Arts (in English Literature). At the end of the programme, which I passed with merit, I took a picture with the Chancellor, who was so thrilled, and it was in the newspapers.

His kids didn’t want him to stress himself much and they even tried to discourage from going back to school.
He added “The age disparity was no problem for me because I was used to working with young people. The average age of students in my class, without me, at that time was about 22.
“Age is not a disease or barrier. It is an advantage, but it depends on every individual. Some of them feel lazy, claiming they are too old.
“ One is never too old for anything. You are never too old to pursue your dreams or achieve them. Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment