Saturday 29 March 2014

Photos: Beyonce Breaks Down on Stage as her Mrs Carter Tour finally Comes to an End


 On Thursday, March 27, Beyonce wrapped up her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour with a final concert at the MEO Arena in Lisbon, Portugal -- and as she thanked fans for their support, Beyonce was so overcome with sentimentality she broke downon stage.

As she wallowed in the acclaim from the crowd, Beyonce could not resist triumphantly addressing them on the magnitude of the moment. The sweet singer told her screaming fans: 
 'I want a spot[light]. I want them to see me. If you all don’t know, tonight makes 132 shows. Tonight is the last show of the Mrs. Carter Show. We started a year ago. And I want to say, this has been such a journey. In the past year, we've been so much together -- the Super Bowl,
shooting the videos, all of these shows...When I first started the tour, my baby [Blue Ivy] was not even walking yet."

            At this point the "Drunk in Love" singer then started tearing up:
 "I just want you to know that I am so lucky," she gushed, touching a hand to her heart and breaking down. "I'm giving y'all an ugly cry! Thank y'all again. Thank you for allowing me to have a career. When I fall, you lift me up. When I'm hungry, you feed me. And I just want to give you my light. I dedicate this song to you guys."
It was a truly thrilling way to end what was her biggest tour yet, and which helped her rake in a an admirable $53m, which saw her named as the fourth most powerful celebrity of 2013 according to Forbes. Beyonce first took the stage for her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour back in April 2013. Since then, she has performed in cities on four continents: North America, South America, Australia, and Asia.

Meanwhile, The Drunk In Love songstress has filled her Tumblr page with the final moments of her last concert in Lisbon, Portugal. Check out the pics she shared:



No comments:

Post a Comment