Monday, 31 March 2014
AKWA IBOM--- 46-year-old Burnt To Death By a Mysterious Fire In Ikot Oku Mfang
The residents of Ikot Oku Mfang in Abak Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom were shocked when they found out what happened to their 46-year-old neighbour.
The man, identified as Mfon Daniel Nduke, was roasted alive by a mysterious fire in his own apartment. Property worth millions of naira was also destroyed in the incident.
According to witnesses, the fire started at about 9 pm and burnt the victim completely.
An elder brother of the victim and owner of the building said the cause of the fire was still a mystery.
He told the members of the household were in bed, when they suddenly started feeling some kind of smoke. Soon the entire house was covered in smoke.
The fire service of the state did not officially confirm the cause of the fire. Failure of a kerosene lamp might have been a possible reason, but this has to be investigated additionally.