Friday 28 February 2014

I Charge N1m to Write a Song – Harrysong



Here's what Harrysong, aka Mr Songz, who is currently living large under his new management, KCee's 5Star Music, said in an interview with Punch:
“Before now we (songwriters) charged between N100, 000 and N2000, 000 for a song. Today I charge as much as 1million to write a song. Truth is, Nigerian artistes have begun to appreciate songwriters. They pay me my money and appreciate me. I have written a lot of songs but I don’t talk about them because Nigerian artistes don’t like it when the songwriters take credit for compising songs for them.”
And that's not all! About his Tribute song to the late South African leader Nelson Mandela,  released on December 11, 2013, which received a stunning one million downloads in a single day, an excited Harrysong says: 
“The proceeds from the caller-back tune is actually worth more than N50m. Truth is, I was paid a lot of money;  you know -  when they say money that can change someone’s life. That’s the value of what I received .

“I can’t reveal the exact amount because we work as a team. So, all the money realised is shared among us. You just want to forget all the years of suffering. It’s not a mere hype because the money is there. The song is everywhere. You go to South-Africa , the girls are crazy about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment