Wednesday 26 February 2014

GOODNEWS: Nigeria Gets First World Certified Coach

photo
Head coach of Tony International Gymnastics, Abuja, Anthony Asuquo has emerged the first Nigerian coach to be certified by the world gymnastics body, International Federation of Gymnastics (FIG).

READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/60321.html

The gymnastic tactician who just returned from South Africa where the training programme was held expressed delight to have acquired the certificate.
“I wouldn’t say I am the best in Nigeria but I was opportuned to be there for the training. It was an FIG course and this course certifies you as  gymnastics coach all over the world just as in the case of FIFA license.
“The course is run once in four years. I gained a lot in South Africa because I was able to learn about anatomy, bi-mechanics, psychology and trying to fix gymnastics in the proper way and every other thing you need to impart in a gymnast to become a champion,” he said.
“These and the flexibility aspects of gymnastics are what have been missing in me but I’m better prepared now as a coach.”
He said having gone through the course; he was now well positioned to groom world champions in Nigeria.
“I have started training (the athletes) since I returned from South Africa. I have seen how it is done over there and I am determined to impart same into Nigerians.”
READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/60321.html

No comments:

Post a Comment