Thursday 10 July 2014

I Can Be A Second Wife –Nkiru Silvanus


Nollywood actress and former personal assistant to Imo State Gov. Rochas  Ikorocha was a guest on Channels TV  Saturday program. During an interactive section she talked about marriage, she avers that she is still single, but not searching....

  “It depends on who and the condition. If the situation is right and the person is good, I will go for him. It is the situation and seeing the right person that makes you settle for a partner. There is no problem about that at all,” “I am single but not searching because someone has already spotted me,”

Will I say, I am kind of disappointed in her statement or surprised?..Just like I was discussing with a friend of mine in Nigeria, why are most African women  so pressurized with this thing called "marriage"?. Don't get me wrong, marriage is good and sweet but when the pressure to live with a man over shadows the true meaning of marriage, then the basic search which is finding  true "Love" is omitted.

Let's leave this gist for another day. But women let your search for a marriage be based on love not society pressures.

No comments:

Post a Comment